HOW TO USE YOUR DRINC FILTER BOTTLE:
1. How to drink
- Unscrew the lid and fill the bottle with water.
- Replace the lid and screw closed.
- Wait a few minutes for the filter to become saturated with water.
- Place your lips over the mouthpiece and try to pull water through the straw. This might require some extra effort at first, but the flow rate will improve after a short while.
Quick Tip: You may notice a tiny amount of charcoal dust with your first mouthful of water. This is completely safe and will disappear with time.
2. How to clean
- Unscrew the lid and remove the filter and lid from the bottle.
- Don’t separate the filter, connector and straw from each other.
- Using a non-metal abrasive pad, gently scrub the filter.
- Rinse the filter with water and wash your hands.
- Fill the flask with water and screw the lid back on.
- Lastly, blow into the mouthpiece to flush the filter from the inside.
The flask, lid, straw and connector will also need to be cleaned on a regular basis in order to prevent the growth of bacteria. Don’t use soap, as this will damage the filter. Instead, unscrew the filter from the connector, being careful not to damage it, and soak the lid, straw, connector and bottle in chlorinated water for 30 minutes, then air dry.
IMPORTANT: Don’t use any kind of soap, as this will damage the filter.
Quick Tip: A sure sign your filter needs to be cleaned is that it becomes too difficult to pull water through the filter and into the straw.
3. How to replace the filter
- Unscrew the flask lid and remove the old filter.
- Be careful not to separate the lid, connector and straw from each other.
- Hold onto the connector and unscrew the old filter.
- Remove the new filter from its box and unscrew the wing nut.
- Screw the new filter onto the connector, turning until tightly secured.
- Fill the flask with water, place the new filter into the bottle and screw on the lid.
Quick Tip: Your drinC filter bottle comes with a filter already installed and only needs to be replaced after about 200 refills. Shake the filter every 3 months or so to dislodge any debris and extend the life of your filter.